At AXOM Objects (also referred to as we or ours) our goal is to create a seamless and hassle-free shopping experience. Our on-line store provides access to our complete line of furnishings, fine objects and home décor items and the ability to shop and learn about our curated collection of designers, manufacturers and artisans at your leisure. Our site is highly informative, yet when it comes to furniture and artisanal wares, there is no replacement for seeing and experiencing the product for yourself which is why we have established our retail store in the heart of the Neighborhood of the Arts (NOTA) in Rochester, NY.
We try to keep things simple, so here are the basics:
SMALL OBJECTS: Range in size from anything that can be shipped in a padded mailer to the maximum size and weight for Standard UPS Delivery. Typical items can include select Accessories, Soft Goods, small Floor Mats, Shades and Blinds for standard size windows, Jewelry, most Table Top, Desk Top and Giftware.
LARGE OBJECTS: Can include small to medium size Furniture, large Accessories, Light Fixtures, large Window Shades and Blinds, room size Area Rugs and Uniquely Shaped Items and/or Fragile Items that require special packaging,
FURNISHINGS: Includes all pieces that are too large to ship via UPS and require truck delivery
LOCAL: Includes Monroe County and Ontario County
REGIONAL: Includes the following states: New York (except NYC), New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Vermont
DOMESTIC: All of the Continental United States that have not been classified as Regional
LOCAL- All Sales Over $50.00 get FREE SHIPPING within Monroe and Ontario Counties
Flat Rate Shipping
LOCAL – Small Objects under $50.00 ship for a FLAT RATE of $4.99
REGIONAL –Large Objects ship for a FLAT RATE of $89.00
REGIONAL –Furnishings ship for a FLAT RATE of $149.00
DOMESTIC –Large Objects ship for a FLAT RATE of $129.00
DOMESTIC –Furnishings ship for a FLAT RATE of $249.00
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICE
For Furnishings, we provide complimentary White Glove Delivery service for all Local Shipments to First Floor Residential and Business locations. This service is also included in the Flat Rate fee for Regional and Domestic deliveries. This service includes bringing the furniture items into your home or business, setting it up (attaching legs to tables, etc.), inspection and removing all packaging material.
Please contact us to make arrangements for deliveries that require stairs or elevators beyond the ground floor and for deliveries outside of the Local area.
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY & DELIVERY
Our in-stock small and large objects will be mailed or shipped within a week. In stock furnishings will ship within 2 – 4 weeks. If an item is on back-order, you will be contacted via email with the expected delivery date. Please note that although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, we cannot guarantee the time frame.
Prior to making your furniture purchase, you should review our Furniture Delivery Check-List below.
Once the furniture arrives at our warehouse, you will be contacted by us or our shipper and informed of the day and approximate time that the delivery will be made. We recommend allowing a 4 hour window of time for the truck to arrive.
All deliveries must be signed for by either you or a member of your household or business. If no one is available to sign for small and large objects, a notice will be left at your door. If after several attempts, the package has not been delivered and returned us, you will be charged for the re-delivery. If you waive the signature on the re-delivery, we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages. For furnishings, someone must be available to oversee this delivery and sign for it.
FURNITURE DELIVERY CHECKLIST
This check-list has been prepared to make your future delivery of furniture go smoothly for both you and the movers.
The excitement of getting a new piece of furniture that you have been waiting for should not be mired by problems arising during the delivery.
We offer complimentary White Glove Delivery service for all Local Deliveries to First Floor Residential and Business locations. The same White Glove Delivery service is included in the Flat Fee for Regional and Domestic deliveries. If you require furniture to be moved up a flight of stairs or in an elevator to a second floor or higher, please contact us for pricing and delivery arrangements.
Please review this list and if you have any questions or concerns about measurements, please contact customer service and we will be happy to assist you.
- Review all furniture dimensions carefully.
- Street or Road where home or business is located – Are there restrictions that would not allow a large truck to pull up in front of your delivery entrance? Please be aware that many trucks cannot turn into driveways or turn around in a one-way street
- Is the entrance doorway large enough for the furniture to pass through? If you think there will be a problem, please contact us. Many of the furniture items have legs that unscrew.
- Is there a clear path from the entry door into the room you would like the furniture place? Are there any sharp turns in short corridors that might pose a problem for a large piece of furniture?
- Are your doorways high enough in case a piece needs to stand on-end?
- Are your doorways and hallways wide enough?
- Is the area where you would like the furniture placed free and clear of existing furniture?
- You are aware that an exact day and time cannot be provided for the delivery. You will be contacted once the furniture has arrived at our warehouse and notified when the delivery will take place. Deliveries typically are between 8am and 4:30pm. A 4 hour window of time will need to allotted for the arrival of the truck and your or a member of your family or business, 18 years of age or older will need to be available to oversee and sign for the delivery.